Our world today celebrates being busy. It’s something we strive for, despite the fact that it can leave us feeling overwhelmed, as if we have no time and are drowning in our work. Surely, being busy is a sign of success?
Not necessarily. You can be busy, but in a job you hate, where you dread each morning or sit at your desk each day, bored and unfulfilled. You might be busy, but that doesn’t mean you’re happy. And recognising this isn’t easy. With so many responsibilities, it can feel as if you can’t afford to consider a career change. There are bills to pay, a family to support and a home to maintain – so shouldn’t you be thankful that you have a job at all, regardless of whether it makes you happy? Yes and no. You spend most of your life at work, so you deserve to be in a job that you enjoy. If you’re unhappy, this can gradually start to affect other aspects of your life: your relationships, your social life, and your mental and physical health.
Friends and family are great advisors but sometimes you need something more. If you feel that something’s missing, you’re unsatisfied with your career or you simply want some guidance on where to go next, career coaching could help you.
“It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.” Carlton Fisk
Transforming Your Career
I can help you with your current job, or with establishing your professional goals or by supporting you in a change of career. I won’t tell you what to do, but I can guide you through decision making; give you the time and space to talk about how you’re feeling; and help you with your goals. The aim of this programme is to enable you to understand what you want, the skills you need, and how to develop them. I will support you in making these initial steps towards a more fulfilling working life.
There are many benefits to the programme: what you gain from depends upon you and the reasons why you’re seeking help. You and I can decide the precise issues covered during the sessions, although common topics include:
- improving your career progression within your current organisation
- understanding your ‘perfect career’ and exploring your options
- identifying and overcoming potential obstacles
- learning how to use your skills and experiences, and how to improve
- using interview coaching to help you to stand out from the crowd
- CV writing that helps you to get noticed
- support in changing career paths
- overcoming the feeling of being ‘stuck’ in your career
- positioning yourself for future opportunities
- re-balancing your work and home life and managing personal priorities
- returning to work after long-term leave or sickness
Please click here if you would like to book a FREE Career strategy session.
Number of sessions – from 6 sessions upwards
Format – one-to-one sessions
|Session Type||Video, phone or in-person (location-dependant)|
|Session Duration||1hr, 1.5hr or 2hr sessions available|
|Session Frequency||Weekly or fortnightly|